MASTER CLASS SERIES
SESSION 4 – HR & REAL ESTATE
Consider this: Nearly four months ago you made a decision to immerse yourself in the business of being in business. Not just in your experience as a childcare practitioner but in a new experience as a social entrepreneur or as a participant in the operation of a social enterprise. The past three months was your opportunity to deconstruct your current situation and reconstruct a new future.
We asked you to reflect on your “why” with an understanding as expressed by Simon Sinek, “People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it!” Or as stated in a business plan: Mission, Vision, and Values.
Part of your exploration included the completion of a SWOT analysis to evaluate: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. This information served to prepare you to detail in a business plan: Your background, geographic markets, competition, and customers.
As a result, your next step was to develop SMART Goals: Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Relevant and Time-Based. These goals set the focus for the marketing efforts included in your business plan as the marketing strategy. Although you may have outlined numerous SMART Goals to move forward you only need ONE.
Founder and President of the BLI
INVESTING IN HUMAN CAPITAL:
Causes affecting your staff selection will include your mission and goals in setting up and running your child care center, as well as the regulations about child/staff ratios. The Business Assessment performed in Module I affects your program and staff composition.
- Complete your Pre & Post Test
- SCORE Discussion & Review 1-10
- Include mission & vision statement to include in Business Plan
- Include S.W.O.T. Analysis & S.M.A.R.T. goals in the Business Plan
- Include Value Proposition & Marketing Goals in the Business Plan
- Include 3 year revenue projections in the Business Plan
- Include Staffing Plan in the Business Plan
- Review Journal notes for content to include in the Business Plan
- Review of budget and cash flow statement
- Complete your mentor survey
- Register for Graduation Ceremony
- Submit questions to your mentor (If applicable)